Sunday, February 28, 2021

Okay, I'm home



"Go home my sweety, I miss you," mother called me, half whispered. The vibrations of her voice conveyed an extraordinary sense of longing for her child. It has been 2 years that I am still struggling for a bite of rice in Bekasi City. Luckily I got a decent job in my field. If not, I might be unemployed in that village. The village that raised me. The village, which is always decorated with green, yellowing, then ripe yellow rice grains, is full of hopeful harvests. Behind the house there is a natural fish pond that you can catch fish at any time. Sometimes I get eels, catfish, and even a bird I managed to catch when they incubate their eggs in the marsh. But mother always told me not to catch the crumbles when incubating her child, sorry for the eggs, my mother argued. Next to the house there are shrubs that I still feel the smell of wet grass. The smell of grass that was poured by the rain last night, burst onto the porch of the house. 

When evening comes, cattle breeders herd their livestock to the thicket. They feed on grass tucked among the greenery of plants. Then chew it casually, sometimes standing up, sometimes sitting back. I had a pretty beautiful childhood with my brothers and extended family.I think my time is very tight. I have put some of the clothes in my favorite green suitcase. There were two suitcases that I brought, one dark green and jet black, then the leather briefcase that my mother gave me when I just entered college. Seems to have to fill the strength by sleeping in the afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon when maghrib arrives, at 18.00 to be exact, I am getting ready to fly to the realm of Minang.

***
My teeth destroy food in the form of cassava chips that I bought at a shop near the boarding house. Enough to prop your stomach at this time. The taste and smell of the MSG sticks to the corners of the tongue. I also felt a bitterness in the oral cavity, a bit of my life while looking for a job first. The iron bird sometimes paced back and forth in front of the flight waiting room. Waiting for their turn to take flight. For a moment I looked around the area. There is a couple of foreigners who are in love sitting side by side holding hands, maybe they are planning a trip to Bali, I don't know. On the right side, I saw a women who were ready to leave while putting lipstick on their lips, applying a compact powder with a famous brand, emphasizing their eyebrows, daubing eyeshadow, and not forgetting to add mascara. She giggled with other socialite women. They appear to be the wives of businessmen or wealthy people. Meanwhile, on the left, there is a man sleeping with his mouth open, indicating how tired he is on his journey. It is possible that the man made a transit at this airport, then continued to go elsewhere. I have heard calls after call, starting from flights to Denpasar, Manado, Ujung Pandang, Pangkal Pinang, and so on. I purposely arrived early, so as not to get stuck in traffic during the trip, knowing that I left using public transportation. I am not sufficient when buying a private vehicle. Besides, I'm afraid to drive my own vehicle. Instantly I turned to the watch wrapped around my left wrist. The time was still 5 in the afternoon.


The gale was accompanied by the sound of the plane that never stopped passing by. The call for the destination of Padang has entered my ears. People noisily jostled towards the plane, myself no exception. They seem busy with their respective needs. It was twilight. Maghrib arrived. The view began to darken with thick clouds. Every now and then a flash of light approached a cloudy, indicating that there would be heavy rain. I'm sorry why I took the trip in the afternoon. Isn't this the right time to pray maghrib? isn't maghrib a short time? however, why do you travel right at maghrib? it seems that I have sinned against God. How damned is my decision. Where I have to travel home accompanied by demons who come out of the nest. The light rain gives a separate rhythm to the hectic pace of our trip, the passenger. No one dared to run away to reverse direction to complete 5 times. Everything is aimed at the entrance to the plane.


I am in the middle position. My seat is right side by side with the emergency door. Why did they put me here? Is it possible because I'm a single who travels alone? Not pregnant women with burdensome wombs or children. I'm like a guinea pig when this plane experiences a disaster. If a disaster hits this plane, then I will be the pilot to break through the emergency door. A gentleman greeted me, he sat right next to me. His familiar face and asking questions about me reminded me of the figure of Datuk Maringgih in the story of Siti Nurbaya. My guess is not wrong. Big rain coupled with a very fierce gust of wind accompanied our departure. Shortly after take off, I didn't dare to glance at the airplane window. But my curiosity relapsed, I peeked at the window by pulling it up after 45 minutes on the air. Below you can see the sea, which is dotted with multiple waves. How great is this wind. Could the fishermen down there be able to deal with it? The thunder also seemed to haunt the rumble The plane I was traveling in experienced turbulence. I have never felt such a tremendous shock. Some of the passengers, especially mothers, shouted chanting Allah's asthma. They make istighfar.


"Allahu akbar ... Allahu akbar ..." screams of passengers blaring on this plane. Shaking after shaking I went through. 

I felt that the bottom trunk of this plane had opened its doors, until my green and black suitcase fell into the Indian Ocean and was finally eaten by a whale. The pilot made a desperate attempt while breaking through the strong gusts of wind when landing began. Landing time felt so long, and I also felt that I was still above the ocean. I don't think about my future anymore, what I think is how to do it when I have to face an angel who will ask me when I enter the grave. Was on my last day, I had time to pray maghrib. Instantly I was sorry and very sorry. Why did I choose this flight time. I want to turn back time so that I can improve my life again with my deeds of worship. I want to feel more devoted to my parents. I want to stop doing backbiting against friends who make me jealous mixed with envy. I wanted to feel like not doing actions that could hurt other people's feelings, and a million other behaviors that I should have done in terms of kindness. But it seems too late. The pilot tried to get through the ferocity of the typhoon that surrounded our plane. Possible engine failure. I didn't realize when this plane descended into the sea. However, there was a clear boom towards the surface of the sea. Our plane has landed, even said to have landed too much, it has landed on the water and then crashed down to the bottom. Instantly I saw the sections of water in my window. Indicates that we are in the ocean. The darkness of nature that we entered. Immediately the steward told us to put oxygen on with his stammering voice, immediately the room lights on this plane went out, until the room was pitch black. Before long I heard a very loud sound, as if our plane had hit a strong rock, and I didn't know anything else.


The sound of the motorbike breaking the realm of my dreams, apparently from the package courier addressed to a boarding house friend. I gasped from the subconscious. Immediately I grabbed my smartphone, opened the app and changed my journey from maghrib time to 09.00 am, a beautiful time to leave after performing the dhuha prayer, Alhamdulillah.


No comments:

Post a Comment